As part of the September blogging writing challenge, I will be writing posts each day based on a topic given (just like last month)!
Today’s topic is your top 5 favourite veggies. It’s not always easy to get great, fresh veggies in Scotland (at least ones I like). I eat a lot of frozen ones, and try to find ones I like fresh and on sale.
1. Broccoli: It’s easy to get frozen and yummy as a side with dinner or added in to an omlette.
2. Spinach: Same as above. I hope to find some fresh spinach to add in to smoothies once I get my my loan money (and get get a new blender, ours smells like burning every time we run it).
3. Salad: Can I call salad a vegetable? Well I am going to! I love salads and I wish I had them more often and will as soon (once again) as I have money.
4. Sweet potato: I love sweet potatoes. As fries, baked, made into soup. Just yum.
5. Corn on the cob: A perfect addition to summer dinners!
What are your favourite veggies?