Now, this isn’t a shock to anyone who knows me, especially my family or anyone who grew up with me. However, there is a reason I’ve made this my blog of the day title. I’ve been nominated for a very inspiring blogger award! 🙂
Thanks Lisa for the nomination! I feel so honoured!
The rules for the nomination are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominates you.
2. List 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them.
Seven things about me.
1. I love Kerr Avon. He was my second fandom love. I’ve recently been watching Blake’s 7 again as part of my birthday celebrations (since I couldn’t do much with my never ending headache.)
2. Now that I’m back to being a student again, I find that I really, really hate being told what to do. I don’t like being told that I need to do x. I don’t like people telling me I should do x in order to get to y. I think part of it is that I am a know it all (even though I know that isn’t the case). I think part of it was that while I was a teacher, I told my students what to do, and now I find I really don’t like having the tables turned. I also can’t believe the STUPID questions that people ask in class. I’d be such a smart-arsed bitch in response to some of the questions that get asked that have nothing to do with the course it self. Some things people are puzzled over are not exactly rocket science. But I digress.
3. I am the least spontaneous person I know (I blame the anxiety). I did go skinny dipping once when I was 17. That’s probably the most daring thing I’ve done, unless I’ve forgotten something.
4. I really, really love coffee. Yum.
5. I think all companies, restraurants, cafes, coffee shops, etc should be required to list ingredients on all their food items. As someone who has food allergies, having notice would be most helpful so I do not have to ask questions over and over about things I’d like to try.
6. I’d like to go back to book group. Granted I only went once, so it isn’t like I went a bunch a times and then stopped. Maybe this month will be the month I get back to it. I have a week to read the book (no problem there) and get motivated to actually GO.
7. It’s taken me 2 days to write this post. Seriously. Part of it is because my head has been hurting non-stop and having to look at a computer screen makes it worse. Part of it is because I had no idea what to write and now that I am at the end . . . .
I know I am supposed to nominate fellow bloggers, but I honestly feel way too anxious and shy about doing that, but I may come back to it. 🙂