This post is in conjunction with the January blog a day challenge.
(I totally forgot to blog yesterday, oops!)
Top ten things you may not know about me (in no particular order).
10. I started wearing a bra in the 4th grade. I hated it. Usually by 10 am I had unhooked and wiggled out of it, and then snuck it into my backpack. I always wore a baggy sweatshirt to hide, but I am fairly sure I was only fooling myself.
9. When I was in 8th grade a boy in my homeroom grabbed my tits outside in the hallway at the lockers. He said he was checking to see if they were tits or fat lumps. I was a 38DD, what the hell did he think they were, implants?
8. I swear WAY too much to the point that when I was in elementary school (most memorably second grade) I was told I was a bad influence b/c of my potty mouth. I almost told the mother to fuck off. Almost.
7. Some of the best times of my life were going for long, random walks with my BFF when we were growing up.
6. I was called a lesbian in 6th grade. I had to go home and look it up in the dictionary. I still wasn’t sure what it was until much later on. While I had matured physically far earlier than my peers, I was very naive about a lot of things.
5. I stopped eating red meat when I was 12 because George Harrison was a Hare Krishna. Makes sense. Right?
4. I remember every detail about when I met Paul Darrow when I was 11. I was wearing a grey sweater, a long black skirt, and brown suede ankle boots. Fashion plate I was not. He was really nice to me and I sort of stared at him like an idiot. Luckily my dad was there to talk b/c I was like totally in awe.
3. I still say “like” way to much. OM Fing G. I used to get in trouble in school for not talking, like properly. Like whatever.
2. I didn’t get my drivers license until I was 22. It was snowing, and I HAD to pass because I was starting my first job after college in 2 days. I passed, in the snow, in my mother’s van. The next day I borrowed a friends car, drove to see my mom at work because I could, and then I went and bought my very first car, a 4 door blue Saturn.
1. When I was growing up I wanted to be an actress. I was held back buy the fact that I was fat and made fun of and I didn’t want to try out for anything b/c I didn’t want to get made fun of even more. I know now I shouldn’t have given 2 shits about what people thought, but I was too paralyzed by fear. I’ve done a lot of acting as a teacher though. Just without the Academy Awards at the end of the school year, even though I totally deserved one at the end of my second year of teaching. Instead, I got a lot of condescending bullshit, which is totally the same, right?