I can’t believe I finally finished Stage 1! I am looking forward to the new challenges that I will be facing in Stage 2, which I will be starting the week of March 18.
So the results:
- Weight loss: 7lb
- Hips & Waist: -2 inches each
- Calf & under chest: -.5 inches each
- Squat: starting: 15kg/33lb
- Seated row: starting: 18kg/40lb
- Step up: starting: 8kg/17lb
- Deadlift: starting: 20kg/44lb
- Dumbbell shoulder press: starting: 6kg/13lb
- Lat Pulldown: starting: 18kg/40lb
- Lunge: starting 6kg/13lb:
- Swiss ball crunch: starting: no weight
final: 12kg/26lb or 5kg/11lb medicine ball used with keeping arms straight
So numbers don’t lie. I obviously made gains in Stage 1. It is just really, really hard to get out of the “scale is the number that measures my success” mentality. I think it would be different if I was actually seeing changes in my body in regards to muscle definition. It’s hard when you keep checking online
inaccurate calculators and even after all of this working out I’m still well over 50% body fat. It’s hard not to be discouraged. It’s really hard. And it is SO, SO much slower this time around. I’m not in my 20’s anymore and I know as I get older it’s only going to get harder and slower. I just wish the scale and my clothes would show me a bit more progress so I could feel just a little bit better about all of this hard work.
Have you done NROLFW?
How do you measure progress?