I’ve been sooooo busy the past few days getting ready for my trip. I’m also having some serious side effects from increasing the Lyrica, but that is another story for another day. This post is all about the good news.
A few weeks ago, I had two amazing opportunities fall into my lap. I was really excited to share them, but it wasn’t the appropriate time with everything going on in the world. I finally feel like I can share the awesomeness as well as a few other things!
1. I’m going to be helping my advisor with some research this summer. This will give me a lot of experience in social research and will add to my already very diverse CV. (I’ve worked in IT, been a project manager, as well as a teacher.) It will be a paid opportunity as well! I’m really excited.
2. The same day I got the above news, I was also asked to be part of a team of researchers to be a GTA for next semester. I will be a graduate teaching assistant for the Social Research Methods class. (I took the class my first semester here at the University of Glasgow.) I’m really excited (and nervous!) about this opportunity as well.
3. As I’ve already said before, I am going to Write this Run in London this weekend. I am glad to say I got my loan money a few days early and I won’t have to feel like I am scrimping every penny to get by and I can enjoy my time away with far less stress than I had been feeling this week. I will be posting on Twitter and Instagram. Follow my trip there!
1) Nominee posts award on their blog (check)
2) Nominee links back to the nominator’s blog (check)
3)Nominee lists 11 random facts about her/himself
- I’m totally obsessed with Greek yogurt at the moment. I can’t get enough of it.
- I spend WAY too much time reading blogs and other things online.
- I love crime/police procedural novels. I’m currently reading Deborah Crombie’s series.
- I’m also rather addicted to lip balm. I always have at least 2 on me and one at my desk.
- I have 3 tattoos.
- I generally only wear silver jewellery.
- I own enough nail polish to have my own salon.
- I really, really love iced coffee.
- I love Glasgow, but I really, really miss extended periods of sunshine. And warmth.
- I am a terrible cook. Seriously. Terrible.
- I worry about everything. Also terrible.
4)Nominee answers 11 questions nominator poses
1) If you could travel anywhere in the world, with out worrying about cost, where would you go?
I always want to say London, but since I am going there tomorrow, I will pick Paris, since I’ve never been.
2) If you had the opportunity to do any job in the world what would it be anyway?
I’d like the opportunity to teach in London.
3) Team Woody or Buzz Lightyear?
I don’t know what they are.
4) If you could pick any decade to live in what would it be? Why?
The 90’s. So I could get it all right this time.
5) What advice would you pass on to other new bloggers?
Backup, backup, backup. I lost years of blogging b/c I didn’t back things up. You never know when your hard drive/computer/laptop might suddenly just die on you.
6) What is the most valuable thing you have ever lost?
I lost a ring that was my grandmothers when I was in high school. Eep.
7) What’s your favorite TV show?
8) Coffee or tea?
9) If your life was made into a movie, who would play you? Why?
Me. 🙂 Well I suppose I could play 20’s and 30’s me. I’m not really up on child actresses at the moment.
10) What was your favorite childhood toy?
I don’t really think I had one. I know I had a Grover doll, but that was when I was 5. I tended to prefer books.
11) If you could have an conversation with anyone alive or living(who you don’t see daily) who would it be?
5) Nominee then nominates new bloggers with 300 followers or less and leaves them a comment on their blog letting them know they did so.
Two Itchy Feet
6) Nominee poses 11 questions for their nominees to answer.
- If you had to raise money for a charity, which one would you choose?
- Tea or coffee?
- Winter, Spring, Summer, or Autumn?
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
- Would you prefer a trip to a big city, the seaside, or a mountain retreat?
- What was the best concert you ever attended?
- What is your favourite flower?
- What’s for dinner tonight?
- What was the last movie you watched?
- What company makes your favourite pair of trainers?
- What was the last book you read?