I’ve had a relatively busy week! I’ve had meetings, entered (some) surveys for my research, had doctor visits, and walked A LOT! While my headaches aren’t gone, they have been getting a little better. This is progress, people. I’ve actually had strings of days where I feel GOOD. Remarkable! I’m not 100% thrilled with the side effects, and I may have to adjust some things, but not always being in pain- well it’s nice.
This week was “ok” workout wise. I know I need to start working harder and longer and make sure I am also getting to the gym to lift. I’m trying to balance workouts, sunshine (when we have it), my research, assisting running a research project, GTA meetings and work associated with it, not to mention attending workshops and conferences! Over the next 2 weeks I have a conference, a workshop and several meetings. I know this may not seem like much to some, but trying to balance it all . . . isn’t always easy.
This week’s workout wrap up
- Saturday was a beautiful day for lunch outside and a walk.
- Sunday was just a rest day with a short walk.
- Monday, I had an eye appointment and did a little shopping. I also attempted to get some lifting done, but got through overhead presses and a few deadlifts and I felt SO sick. It was really warm and stuffy in the gym and I was having a hard time breathing, not to mention trying not to be ill.
- Tuesday, I attended a workshop at uni and walked round trip from there.
- Wednesday I walked to my doctor visit (2 miles) and ran home from it. I also walked to my GP visit and back again, with a extended trip to a different Boots for my prescription. My feet were killing by the end of the day!
- Thursday I had a meeting at uni, walked home from it and then went on a rambling, errand filled walk with Stephanie.
Today I’m not sure what the plan is. I have errands to do, as well as work. My stomach is kind of iffy right now, so I am not sure if I will do any running. If the rain lets up, hopefully a walk, maybe a run later in the day if I feel ok.
Anyways, on to a quick wrapup of my May goals.
1. Continue my version of Paleo 80% of the time.
I’d say I did pretty well doing this. I don’t think I lost any weight this month, but I feel good. I’d give myself a B.
2. Get back to spinning. Seriously.
Ummmm, does once count? 🙁
3. Continue to rehab my knee and try to continue C25K at least once a week.
Horray! Goal achieved! A+
That being said, what’s on the agenda for June?
- Lift twice a week- minimum. If I have to wait for a bar, I wait or do something else. You can do this!
- Cross something off my fitness bucket list.
- Continue to run and spin (go to spin, seriously go!) keeping in mind to go slow and not overdo it following 10% rule.
- Watch latte intake. Just because I’m out doesn’t mean it’s an excuse for more coffee.
- Enter all of the surveys done on paper by the 15th.
Don’t forget to enter my Popband giveaway!
I’m doing a 5K on Sunday and raising money for Yorkhill Children’s Charity.
Have a great weekend everyone!
What are your goals for June?
Do you have any exciting weekend plans?