Confession: I didn’t go to run club tonight. I feel really, really guilty about it too. I’ve had a rather overwhelmingly emotional 2 days (for reasons that aren’t relevant to anything I share on here), I’ve had 2 long meetings (one yesterday and one today), and I had a horrible headache all day. So after my meeting today, I came home and climbed into bed.
I have no idea why I’ve been so off the handle. I just really, really don’t feel like myself.
Anyways, on to my July goals. I really, really could have done better. What I need to do is keep these goals visible, so I know what I need to be working on.
- Finish fixing all of the SPSS issues by the 5th so I can move on and actually run reports on my data. In addition- actually get something written by the 15th.
Done!!!! Horray!!! A+
- Rock my 5k on the 27th. (I’m aiming for a PR, but I will be happy if I finish under 45 minutes.)
Yes! Go me! A+
- Take some classes at the new gym (aiming for one per week).
Nope. Not a single one. 🙁
- Continue to do my PT exercises. I’ve been slacking.
I think I did them once. 🙁
- Learn how to cook one decent meal (so that Steph doesn’t want to murderrrrrrr me in my sleep).
Steph brought home all these learn to cook books and I never even opened them. 🙁 I have managed some breakfasts on my own.
- And for the love of Rassillon, break this weight loss plateau!
I didn’t mean *gain* weight. 🙁 But, I suppose, that is technically breaking the plateau. Just in the wrong direction.
- If I have time, learn how to make pretty graphics for these kinds of posts.
Oh, who am I kidding? So, basically, I didn’t follow through this month. This is a huge thing that I do. I get all of these grand ideas in my head and never, ever follow through. I get lazy or I forget, or it’s too hard. In this case, I wrote the goals and never looked back.
So for the month of August:
- Go to run club every week.
- Run 2-3 times per week.
- Remember to stretch, ice, compress after every run.
- Strength train at least once per week- aim for twice.
- Continue to make progress on my research.
I will make sure I post these on my mirror and on my fridge so that I stay accountable!
How do you stay accountable with your goals?